CISI Paraplanner Conference stays online for 2022
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment’s annual Paraplanner Conference will return this year as an online event due to the popularity of this format.
Since the outset of the pandemic the conference, one of the largest Paraplanning events in the UK, has switched from an in-person event to online only.
The event will begin on the afternoon of Wednesday 18 May and continues the following morning Thursday 19 May.
The theme this year is 'Power Up' and it features an 8 bit game of nostalgia for the online booking system.
The CISI says the conference - #Paraplanning22 - will bring, “fresh content to support the central role Paraplanners have in client outcomes.”
There will be 16 speakers providing technical, career progression and soft skills sessions.
The event will be hosted by Dan Atkinson CFP, chair of the CISI Paraplanner Interest Group and head of technical at Financial Planner Paradigm Norton.
Key speakers include:
- Dr Amy Cuddy, social psychologist, best selling author and award winning Harvard lecturer with the second most viewed TED talk of all time, examines Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges
- Mark Goold, Technical Specialist, FCA in conversation with Scott Daniels, Director and co-founder Plus Group. This Mythbusters session looks at the line between regulatory requirement and decisions made on internal firm procedures.
- Nicki Hinton-Jones CFA, chief investment officer, Betafolio, on 'A non-partisan and balanced examination of the active/passive question'
- CISI Paraplanner of the Year 2021 Sarah Lees, senior Paraplanner at Mazars, on 'Shaking off imposter syndrome'
- Steve Martin CFP Chartered MCSI, Financial Planning Training Academy on 'Casting the big why: understanding the financial plan'
- Fiona Hanrahan, pensions development and technical manager, Royal London on Planning for age 75
- Fiona Haughey CFP, associate director- Financial Planning at Davy with perspectives on Paraplanning from Ireland
This year’s event will offer seven hours of CPD. CISI members can book and attend for free. The non member price is £99.
Sally Plant, CISI head of Financial Planning said: “With the theme this year of Power Up, we are committed to supporting our fantastic Paraplanning profession to further build their expertise with our cutting-edge speaker programme. The Paraplanner skill set is integral to client outcomes and understanding client’s needs.”