Multifamily Insights: Ep. 227: Video Marketing for Social Media with Chris Weiher
Video marketing is a powerful tool to connect with new leads and convert clients. In 2019, users spent a weekly average of six hours and 48 minutes watching online videos. And this number can only be expected to increase in 2020. Social media videos have steadily gained popularity, evidenced by the rise of Tik Tok and the launch of Instagram Reels.
YouTube and Facebook are the social media kings of video content and video marketing, but Chris Weiher prefers LinkedIn. Chris is the owner of Cleaver Creative, a video production firm that helps brands turn viewers into buyers. Chris’s video edit company was being driven by word of mouth, but he knew he needed to start marketing to attract new business. He was familiar with the power of video and realized it’s true strength when he used video marketing for LinkedIn.
“There are so many professionals who are there with a purpose to build their business, find a new job or network with other professionals,” says Chris. In addition, LinkedIn still delivers strong organic engagement. LinkedIn videos are a great way to market your business to a targeted audience.
In this episode with Chris, we discuss the importance of video marketing, leveraging video for social media, how to create the content your audience really wants, and how to avoid the 5 biggest mistakes people make using video marketing.
- Helping business owners with videos for LinkedIn
- Why LinkedIn marketing works better than other social media platforms.
- Creating engaging video content that viewers want and need
For ideas on video content, write down 10 frequently asked questions from your customers/clients
- The impact of answering your businesses FAQ (frequently asked questions) using video
- Key points to analyze to determine if you will benefit from using video marketing
- Tips on how to get started in creating videos (#1 Tip: Be authentic!)
- The different types of videos you can market (it doesn’t have to be all you!)
- Debunking the myth that you need 10,000 followers to market successfully on social media
- How to use YouTube and Facebook to effectively market your video content
YouTube works well for ‘how-to’ videos. LinkedIn and Facebook shine with shareable videos.
- Tips on how to market your business on LinkedIn
- The right way to build your network on LinkedIn (don’t start with your pitch!)
- Why providing value to your target audience is the strongest marketing tool you have in your toolbox
- The 5 biggest mistakes people make when leveraging video for their business
Partner: Download our Sample Deal Package
Getting laid off from my video production job was the single best thing that happened to me as I love being in business for myself.
Trello (Team collaboration software)
Most Recommended Book:
The 4-Hour Work Week
Using time tracking software
Wish I Knew When I Was Starting Out:
It’s easy to be positive when things are going well
Doing more A/B testing for Facebook ads
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Chicago, IL
Pizza Art Cafe